Marathons and bombs
My mate came down this weekend from Sydney and spent the weekend with me here at home. It was really crappy winter weather so we decided to set up camp in the lounge room and watch the entire first series of Six Feet Under that my mate Phillip from Melbourneloft sent to me a little while ago. Phillip has a thing about watching some really great tele series and his tastes are similar to mine and Im glad cause I get to watch them.
I really love this show! It had me so hooked that it was 2 am in the morning on Saturday night and I had to keep myself awake to just watch "one more" episode until I couldnt do it any longer and had to go to bed.
But it didn't stop there. Due to the Efaverenz effect I had the show running in my dreams speeding along in Claires old funeral car and watching David fuck the priest. Yeah I know weird but unless you know Efaverenz then you wouldnt know what bizarre effects it has on your mind and especially in your dream time.
So Sunday morning straight out of bed and back into it. Right after I was talking to my mate about Phillip and his ears must have been burning cause he called me up and I told him what we had been doing so he is sending me the second series now. I can't wait! Im glad it is winter (shock I never said that really) but it is a good time to hybernate and do marathon sessions in front of the box.
Now Im gonna get on my little soap box and have a bitch.
Geezus people get it together!! Im talking about the latest crisis to happen in the Middle East. Now hopefully things will calm down but it is looking like there is gonna be more shit happen. I know it is alright for us to be sitting comfortably in our lounge chairs and have a bitch about what is happening and not ever having to experience what war is really like, but you would think that some kind of common sense would prevail here.
Apparently not.
We have these fucked up so called leaders running the countries of this planet and hardly any of them have two neurons running around in their brains. Sure alright for me to say, but one thing I do know is that with every fibre of my being I know there is no difference between me or you or jack or bob or fred or martha down the street. None. Zilch. Maybe the outside looks different but the essence is the same.
Two different light bulbs same current.
We have to get it together. Sadly I think it is going to get worse, due to the fact that there is so much tension and angst that needs to be released from the psyche of humanity stored up over centuries.
The balance must be restored.
I just hope the light switch doesnt get flicked off before that happens and too much suffering.









Hey Mate, Preach it Brother... there are people of hope and light stand up...
I so love Six Feet Under, and Oz.
It's 95 here daily, with a humidity from hell. Funny how things are reversed. Stay warm!
xoxo
The blog columns look okay now.
Phillip xx
I know what you mean about Six Feet Under...and unfortunately for me also Carnivale (yummm...Nick Stahl), Oz, Deadwood, and Lost. At least i can get all my Tv watching done in a couple of days time this way though hehe
And ya know...if I could just get to talk to the United Nations for say, 20 minutes, I would try and remind them that we're all just humans livin on this silly rock and maybe if they could see that...or see the face of the brother/father/mother/sister/lover in their enemy's face maybe it would stop.
Til then...all I can do is try and send the best "vibes" I can that way and hope and pray to the Universe that someone wises up.
How do we order your pasta? :)
leave your mark