<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13533600?origin\x3dhttp://biohazardousexistence.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Biohazardous Existence

no longer...

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Gathering up the tools

Over the past week I have been looking out for things which will help me with the pasta making. A local arts shop was closing down so I went in a had a look and they were selling all their fittings as well.

I found this really great old wooden table going for a great price so my mate got it for me and we brought it home and last weekend I spent working on taking the top back to wood. So after lots of sanding and paint stripping I got it back to a reasonable grain and then coated it with bees wax.


This weekend while I was in Sydney I went to a few kitchen supplies shops and brought a couple of tools to make shaped pasta and ravioli.


I saw on a website a kewl wooden pasta hanger so with the help of my mate we made one up with odd bits of wood that we had laying around the house.


I've also been working out some packaging and making up some labels to put on them as well. Still a few tweaks to iron out with it all but everything is coming into place now.

I've also sourced out some great organic spelt flour which should be arriving this week as well. I've been a busy boy gathering up all the tools of the trade.

  1. Blogger Doghigh | 7:00 AM |  

    I haven't been reading any blogs lately. Seeing this post of yours made me realize how much I miss reading your blog.

    LOVE the table and all of the tools. I would love to taste the pasta!!!

    Can't wait to catch up on everything over the next few days.

    Ciao bello.

  2. Blogger BriteYellowGun | 12:45 AM |  

    Wow, this is really all coming together for you! Just think, I'll be able to say, "I knew him when..."

  3. Anonymous Anonymous | 10:18 PM |  

    Cesco that is fantastic! What a great idea. Maybe you will become famous :)

leave your mark