<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13533600?origin\x3dhttp://biohazardousexistence.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Biohazardous Existence

no longer...

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Change is perfect

I recieved an email today. I think it is an important one and one that all people who identify as gay should read.

Here is what it said..

Report Says That 73% of Gay Men Are Pedophiles. According to a study made in the 1970's called the "Gay Report", by K. Jay and A. Young, 73% of gay men interviewed said that they had had sex with a partner who was between the ages of 16-19 years. Politicians, christian groups and anti-gay rights groups are using this as 'proof' that most gay men are pedophiles and the guiding reason for banning gay marriage and trying to ban male homosexuals from teaching. Some very important information was left out of this study: 1. How many of the teens were between 18 and 19 when they had sex? 2. How old were the men when they had sex with the teens? 3. How many heterosexual men in comparison had sex with underage girls? In response to this we would like to conduct our own 2006 survey.

Click here to take the survey.

One thing that HIV has taught me is not to take life for granted. For the first few years being infected alot of the time was spent thinking that there wasn't much time left. That in a few years I should expect to get sicker and eventually die. This is what I was first told by the doctor that diagnosed me. Forget about your 20's and thinking about a career or future because it just isnt going to happen for you.
Then with the advent of effective anti retrovirals things changed. I wasn't getting sicker. I wasnt going to die from HIV anytime soon. It's what was called the "Lazarus" effect. I was then expected to forget the past few years and then to pick up where I left off and get my act together and rejoin society.

Think about a career, think about long term relationships, think about a future.
But how does one do that when everything before said otherwise. Life once again was looking me in the face. Death was apparently further away.

So this is when I started to think that life always changes. Nothing stays the same and even though things seemed better for me the stability in my life wasn't solid. This is still the case even today with the changing of meds, the revival of dreams of a career and relationships, it makes me think. Are things going to change? Will the current state of events in my life take a turn for the worst and everything I am working for collapse in a heap?

Sure this goes on in my mind. As time passes though I am now learning that even more than ever to take what is happening to me at the moment not for granted but to embrace it everyday of my life and make the most of it. Im in a safe space. I have some wonderful close mates and a loving and supportive family and everything I have been dreaming about is coming to fruition. What more can I ask for?

There is no need to be complaining about anything because what is right now is perfect.

  1. Anonymous Anonymous | 2:58 AM |  

    When I was diagnosed in 1994, they gave me 18 MONTHS to live. That was going on 13 years now, since I celebrated my life anniversary on the 8th of July this year.

    The longer you live, and the better you feel, the easier it is to set long term goals. It is different for each person.

    I moved out of the U.S. Met a man, got married, returned to University at age 34, and I will graduate next Spring 07'.
    There is life in you still.

    If you sit there and wait to die, you eventually will. That was years in the learning of how to live life - now that I was still alive.

    It took me about 5 years to get to that point after diagnosis, I was pretty sick back then. For the last oh, let's say 6 years I have had incredible health on my pill regimen. (Zerit,Viracept, and Videx EC) My t-cells are over 980 and my VL is undetectable.

    Keep on Keepin on... it gets better - even if they say don't look forward to living. I think the spiritual constitution of each person is CRUCIAL to ones survival.

    I am proof that it works...

    NO- those numbers arew wrong, there is NO correlation between pedophiles being predominantly Gay. Most are straight. That is what we call a scapegoat theory to push down the gay marriage issue. That was used on the U.S. and still has steam, it did not work in Canada. OH by the way, I am married as well.

    Hnag in there, it gets better the longer you stay alive, and well.

    Jeremy
    Montreal

  2. Blogger Michael The Shadow | 1:57 PM |  

    *I* should be taking your advice. Yes, moi. Sometimes I forget things like this and thank you for posting it. You constantly amaze me my friend. I hope that I can adopt your attitude.

    And thank you so much for the birthday wishes. Just know I'm sending out some big ol' Shadowymichael hugs to ya. :)

  3. Blogger The Persian | 6:41 AM |  

    Amazing post Cesco, you have no idea how much I admire you mate.

    xo

  4. Blogger Passed away | 10:45 PM |  

    Boy sounds like a page from my life's playbook. When i was diagnosed in 1985 I was also told not to plan much beyond what I was going to wear that day. I never planned for retirement or my own security, I sold, gave away or threw away 99% of my worldly possessions, and here i am 20+ years later

    Very nicely put

leave your mark