It's freezing!
All you guys in the northern hamisphere better be enjoying that warm sunshine. It's fucking freezing here at the moment! Yesterday morning was minus 1 degrees C (-1) and this morning was minus 2!! I dont think I have ever been as cold as I am this winter, and it has only just begun. Will I eventually get to see snow here at home? That would be really amazing but very odd as well seeing how close I am to the ocean. Admitedly the days have been beautiful and sunny, still cold but sunny.
The Fuzeon and other meds seem to be working a treat. My energy levels have really increased. I've been going for a long walk along the beach everyday and as a consequence of actually doing things spending less time online. So even though I feel like hybernating Im making sure I am getting out there and doing things and enjoying this new energy that I have.
Im considering furthering my studies as well. I'm looking into doing a counselling course for the next two years. I've always enjoyed helping people and one of my jobs was to be an advocate for the local HIV community and it involved a little informal counselling every now and then. So while down over the past few months I have decided that when everything turns again for the better that I will get into working my brain again and doing a course. So counselling is sticking with me at the moment.
Im also getting into being a little more creative and making things. Don't laugh but I am knitting my dog a jumper. I'm actually quite proud of it and although it isnt finished as yet seeing something eventuate from a ball of wool and never knitting ever before.. well it is a sight to see. I should get a little more creative. Anyone have any ideas for me?
Now Id like to send out a really special birthday message to my mate Jim (Persian Guy) who had his birthday yesterday. His blog has gone for the moment and I look forward to it coming back. This has got to be one of my favourite pics of Jim. He has to be one of the most beautiful people I have come to know from blogging.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATE!









Go for the counseling courses. I am half way thru a mental health counseling program and It's the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. A couple of hints:
1. There are thousands of tapes and CDs, both books on tape and lectures on phychology and counseling available at your library. Get a old walkman and listen to them during your walks on the beach. It is a great way to get up to speed.
2. Save a lot of money by not buying the latest edition of textbooks. As best I can tell they put a new picture on the cover and call it a new edition so all of those cheep used books become outdated. Not. If the course requires the sixth edition of a book buy the fourth at half the price - trust me you will be fine.
3. When you do your internship seriously consider not working with a HIV population. Being positive and counseling poz people is just too intense and there is a real danger that the counseling will be about your needs rather than the clients.
You have learned so much being poz and you have a lot to give your client.
Good luck - Randy
Good luck in your educational endeavors. I think it would be perfectly suited for you to go into the counseling field.
I'm not complaining about our heat here but rather just hoping we don't get hit by a bunch of nasty hurricanes. Just had a tropical storm come through yesterday.
Glad you are sounding so much more energetic!
It's marvelous to hear that you're up and fully of vigor! I envy your walks on the beach. I would honestly love that.
Mind you, I'm a pretty ignorant american but I didn't realize it got THAT cold where you are. Definately scared of that!
And if you ever wanted to knit a jumper for someone :) I have actually found an oddly creative thing to do which is buying a bunch of gel pens and (don't laugh) coloring. If you get used to them you can actually do blending and such the like and they come in a variety of colors. Mind you this is something I do on those odd rainy days, and the books I bought were of Tibetan artwork/mandalas so I've actually been able to give some out as presents.
I'll send you some California sunshine and a bit o' heat there mate. And I think that the councling job sounds like a VERY good idea. Just glad to hear you sounding so happy :)
I love the pic of your friend Jim...trippy. I live in the north as well, even farther up in the Yukon. But it's all relative though, and our man here is feeling the cold. It was hot here for about two weeks and now the locals are telling me that our two weeks of hot sun WAS our summer...so it is apparently over. I am still holding out hope...
Mate I miss and love you
Thank you for remembering :)
xoxo
Where did you find it? Interesting read » »
leave your mark