Im still here..
Firstly I'd like to say thankyou to the people who have been concerned about me and have sent me well wishes! It is really nice to know that there are people out there who care for you even though you dont know them in person. It puts a smile on my face and makes me feel really happy, especially when im feeling like crap.
There hasnt been much going on lately and that is the real reason why I havent been blogging. Im so over blogging about being sick. It is where I am at right now though and it is hard to think of anything else when my body is aching all over and I can tell that the virus is starting to take a hold of my body while Im not on any meds. At the moment it is just a waiting game.
I should be on something again next wednesday. It's a long agonising wait though, I've been at this place before and I know the deal, although this time it seems like it is dragging on a little too much. I've had thoughts of wanting it all to be over, I know that sounds like a cop out but after fighting this fight for the past 15 years you kind of get a little tired of fighting and over all the dissapointments that come with it.
Im lucky though and I do believe that this virus is not going to take me anytime soon.
Winter has come kind of early here in Oz. We havent had any rain for ages though and over 60 percent of the entire state of NSW is in drought at the moment. It has been the driest Autumn for 52 years. Even though most of the garden here is native plants and they tend to adapt to the conditions, it is really dry here and the water tank is empty so if this continues then the hose is going to be working and with restrictions happening we might loose a few of the trees.
But the weather is getting pretty cold here. Last weekend I went out to Bondi Junction and brought myself some really kewl jumpers and jackets. I havent brought clothes for myself in a really long time, and even though I really cant afford it at the moment I thought what the heck and did some retail therapy. Why not? I might as well look good while not feeling too good.
A mate of mine who lived close by to me left Oz last week to go live in New York. It was a real drama for him to come and live there. Firstly he is poz as well and coming to visit in the US is against the law if your poz let alone going there to live. He had to take his meds with him so he felt like a drug smuggler getting through immigration as this would have been a big give away. But like he said he became poz when he was in the US a couple of years ago and he is just returning it there where he got it from. Personally I think it is a really stupid law. He got through though and I heard from him today which was great.
So what do you think? For a country to not allow someone in based on their HIV status, is that valid??
I hope everyone is well. Thanks for checking in on me and please keep doin so it always makes me feel happy to see that people do care.









First of all, I can't believe they don't have you on something yet but hang in there, Wednesday isn't that terribly far away!!! Don't ever quit fighting. Second: The US is full of paranoid idiots that think poz people will come here and spread HIV as a form of terrorism. Whatever.... Third: I've certainly come to the right place...today is Happy Sympathy and Pity Day on my blog. Come on over and wallow! Enjoy decorations, special guests and leave some sympathy and pity in return. Love you!
Valid? Yes.
Stupid? Hell yes.
The USA's policy regarding HIV+ visitors is ridiculous. Glad to see you blogging again. Take care.
I had never heard about that poz law, and yes, I think it is very stupid. Of course, we can just add it to our long list of stupid laws, eh? And I don't look for it to be repealed anytime soon with the current administration.
Glad you are feeling better.
Take care.
I didn't know about that law. Here I was going to tell you to come visit the U.S. and enjoy summer here. I guess not unless you want to be breakin' the law, breakin' the law.
So are you an Italian Australian or an Australian Italian? Just wondered.
Amy aka loca
leave your mark