Leaves and seasons
Seeing that I have been virtually pain free over the past few days, I have spent the majority of it in the garden and in the sun. Autumn ends this week here in Oz and Winter begins, well I think it has already begun. It's been freezing here at night time and last night it got down to 1 degree celcius which I think is about 36 degrees Farenheit. That's what I call a two dog night, meaning both dogs on the bed snuggling up. I have been sleeping in alot as well, waking up and then drifting back to sleep and not actually getting up out of bed until 10am! See what the winter does to me?
Anyhow spending this time in the garden has been alot of fun. I've planted some winter crops of what we call in italian "broccoletti" which is a cross between spinich and chinese broccoli I guess, a very bitter tasting green which is good for iron in the blood, so Im told. As well as planting and getting the ground ready we have been putting down alot of mulch due to the lack of rain the ground is in need of some protection and nutrients.
It's been so good to have some energy to do this. It certainly has lifted my spirits.

This week brings with it the trip to the drs, meaning hopefully getting back onto meds. I'm looking forward to it, fingers crossed everything will go how it should.
I've also been extremely introspective over the past few days. Thinking about everything from where my life is at the moment to what I have done with it and where it might be going. Maybe it has something to do with the seasons. The seasons of life and the seasons of nature I guess have a syncronicity to them.









The idea of winter starting makes me shiver. Just the opposite here, of course. Summer is starting, and it feels great.
So glad to hear your feeling better, now to get you back on meds and I will feel a little less worried about you. The Broccoletti sounds interesting, I would love to try sometime (but I don't have a garden).
HUGS
xoxo
Hotter than the blazes here now! And the humidity...don't even get me started! Glad to hear you are doing better. Getting your hands dirty always helps though, at least for me it does!
I think that gardening is actually good for the soul. Not only do your pictures look lovely, but it sounds as if you are definately feeling better which is bloody brilliant! :)
I'm not a fan of winter either. I tend to freeze my bum off here (believe it or not California gets cold to me), but what I feel we lack here is the colors from leaves turning.
What else are you planting this year? One curious gardener here .
I am glad you are feelng good today! XX
Excellent, love it! Online casino slot machines free blackjack game steel flex chairs oxycontin help
What a great site free fax software
leave your mark