Takeaway blues..
The kitchen renovations are well underway now, which means I have no kitchen at the moment. The space even though it is empty has really been transformed. The plasterer came back again today and will be finished making the walls all new tomorrow morning, so by the afternoon I can get stuck into painting the walls and the ceiling.
The downside to all of this is not being able to cook. So we have been getting takeaway food, which I am not too terribly happy about, like tonight we had pizza which was ok, but for anyone who knows me I love to cook and make sure the meals are healthy and good but I can't go complaining because in the end it will be all worth it.
Im a little pissed off at the moment as well. Just when this is all happening the digital camera has to go on the blink. Im not sure what's happened to it but the lcd screen has gone all jittery on it so I can't see what Ive taken if it has worked at all. So Ill have to take some pics with my webcam.
I should explain that with the kitchen is also my loungeroom combined so at the moment I am sitting up in bed with my laptop writing this. No litchen means no loungeroom which means no tele which means Im gonna have to get myself somewhere to see the next Jamie Oliver episode that is on tomorrow night.
The dreams settled down last night. Who knows what will happen tonight though. I feel really tired but can't go to sleep just yet so I dont wake up too early. Vicious cycle I know, but Im getting used to it.
Oh just to say that the tradesmen that came yesterday were cute. Well the plumbers (both of them) would have been in their mid 20's. One was so scared of my dog India. I had to chuckle cause she hasnt got any viciousness in her. She's got a mean lick though. The electrician was an old guy and so is the plasterer, who reminds me of a verison of Santa Claus with no beard, if that makes sense.
Well I should get some sleep. It's raining outside and the sound of it on the roof is so soothing.
xo









my poor Cesco has to eat take out Pizza? How tragic! :)
Glad to see everything is coming along, and the inconvenience time period will pass quicker than you know it and all will be new.
Bet you will be cooking your butt off for days after everything is settled.
Miss u
xoxo
I can sympathize with your dilemma. Our first two houses we bought, we gutted and renovated the kitchens in. I HATED living in a construction zone, the dust, the dirt, not being able to cook. But when it was finished, it was all worthwhile. The house we're in now we were actually satisfied with the kitchen (a first!) but now we're moving to Atlanta, GA so who knows???!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog. And for doing your background research on me by reading the archives, LOL! Should I be afraid??? I don't know exactly why you feel I'm a "breath of fresh air" but I will admit, my blog isn't really like most other blogs written by gay guys. However, trust me, I'm not like most others. LOL cuz I've seen your comments on other blogs I read and thought you were from Phoenix, Arizona! Come by my blog anytime!
I know where you're at right now, trying to live and renovate all in the same area, it is rough but it will soon be over and well worth the headache. Let the rain falling on the rooftop soothe you to sleep and escape it all for just a little while.
eating out can get old quick i am not a big fan on take out food.
I like take out, but there is nothing on earth like good healthy home cooked food.
I hate take away!!! (Well on occasion I do enjoy a good pizza or other)
It will be worth it in the end.
Which Jamie Oliver series are you watching?
leave your mark