<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13533600?origin\x3dhttp://biohazardousexistence.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Biohazardous Existence

no longer...

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Always seek a second opinion.

Woke up this morning and decided that the best thing was to take Rama to another vet and get another opinion. So Trevor made some enquiries with a few of his mates and they gave us a number of another vet in town.

So we went off with heavy hearts and emotions running high, put Rama in the car and he was all excited thinking it was an outing to the beach.

So we arrived a the new vet and filled out all the forms. As we were waiting for our turn a couple of people went in. One couple with a cat, they came out and no cat. Another lady went in with a dalmation and came out with no dalmation. At this point we both looked at each other and tears were welling up in Trevors eyes and I was feeling sick to my gut. Was this going to be the trend?

So it came to be our turn. We got in there and Kim the Vet checked Rama over and asked us a whole lot of questions about the lumps and how he has been etc. We told her our fears and what happened when we took him to the other vet. So she talked to us and said that she would do an on the spot check of the cells from the lumps. So she took some smaples with some needles and checked them out under the microscope. She came back about 10 minutes later and told us that the lumps were fatty cells and the big one was also a fatty lump which has gotten infected. That these lumps would probably be with Rama for the rest of his life and that removal would only be necessary if they kept on getting infected or if they grew considerably larger.

You can imagine the relief that we both felt.

She sent us home with another course of antibiotics and an assurance that it wasnt time yet for Rama to be sent off to his next life, that his heart and lungs sounded normal and he is infact a healthy dog with an infection that should heal up.

Goes to show that a second opinion in times like these should always be sought after.

My baby is ok. He is going through a rough patch but he is going to be ok!

Thankyou to everyone who left me comments of support. I take them all as little prayers which have helped me and Rama through this rough little time.
I send you all out blessings from my heart.

  1. Blogger Nathan | 2:47 PM |  

    HOORAH!!! I'm so happy to hear everything is okay. I'm also so glad you got a 2nd opinion. That's what really made the difference.

    Yes, great news indeed.

  2. Blogger Anthony | 10:54 PM |  

    Really glad it has turned out well.

  3. Blogger The Persian | 12:09 AM |  

    Fantastic Cesco!!! Thank god you took him for a 2nd opinion. :)

    xo

  4. Blogger toobusyliving | 8:03 AM |  

    Glad your dog is okay....My Scottish Terrier just got over a case of "Beaver Fever" (Giardia) poor boy....I was going to joke with the vet about having had it myself once, but decided against it. Here's Bailey when he was much younger and I suppose much more "innocent" given the Beaver Fever.

  5. Blogger Doghigh | 4:28 AM |  

    I am SOOOOOO happy to hear this!!!! I actually have tears in my eyes. I am really, really thrilled to hear this news.

  6. Anonymous Anonymous | 8:54 PM |  

    I'm glad he's ok. Our dog Chief has some of those fatty lumps - he's 10 and we worry , but he's doing just fine. Gotta love them while you have them!

    Jeff

  7. Blogger epicurist | 5:04 AM |  

    Glad your baby is good! I know what it si like, having a 13 year old dog of mine own. hugs.

leave your mark