Summer is Over!
Summer is over!
Today here in Oz is the first day of Autumn.. Where did the Summer go? That has got to be the quickest 4 months I have experienced ever. So first day of March means that in 3 weeks time daylight savings will be over and the march towards winter has begun.
EEEK!
Anyone in the Northern Hemisphere want to kidnap me for the Summer?? Im a good cook and can clean good too!
Anyone???
On a much happier note we got word in that the new kitchen will be installed on the 20th of March, so it's going to be a bit of a hectic time for the next few weeks ripping out the old one and getting it all ready for the new one. Im really excited about it. It is going to look amazing.
Here's what I cooked last night for dinner. Took all of 15 minutes to make..










If I was in the Northern Hemisphere I would kidnap you in a heart beat. The prawns look delicious. You mentioned cooks good and cleans good. You forgot to mention looks good.
RIP Summer. You're always welcome in NYC for a Northern Summer visit - I'm afraid we don't have room to take hostages!
Thank you for your encouragement and advice (I've seen Quinoa mentioned but know very little about). I did have all the bloodwork done last year and it looked fairly good. He did advise to watch the sugar levels as we go forward but that was mainly because both of my parents have mid-life onset diabtes (diet/weight related). I really do have to kick the ridiculous craving for sugars but its a challenge, esp. during the down times. Thanks again, you're a wonderful guy to read and I hope to one day chat in person.
Listen bello, I don't want to hear you complain about an OZ winter!! Its March 1st here and 10F.
That dish looks almost as beautiful as you are! :)
xoxo
leave your mark