It's in the Food!
One of the main things people who are poz need to do is keep up their weight.
There is alot of ways people can do that which doesnt have to put a huge dent in your pocket. Eating fresh healthy food is really important.
Fresh Vegetables, Fresh fruit and loads of grains like wholemeal wholegrain breads should make up a large portion of your dietary intake.
Tonight I made something that was really simple, took little time and made with fresh simple ingredients:
1 Zucchini
1 Onion
1 Clove of Garlic
5 Mushrooms
A little bit of cracked pepper and a couple of teaspoons of Pesto.

Cut up all the ingredients, put the garlic and the onion in the pan and brown it with a little oil then add the Zucchini, the mushrooms the Pesto and the cracked pepper and cook it up.

Then all you need to do is cook some pasta..any pasta you like.

When the pasta is done strain it up.. and put it in the sauce and cook it up for a few minutes and you have a great simple cheap nutritious dish!










Yum! When I found out i was poz over 20 years ago, the forst thign i did was get all junk food out of my life. You're right, you don't have to break the bank to get good nutrition. I'm fortunate that I have very good large farm market near my apartment that has some of the best produce at low prices year round, and a great ethnic market that has high quality meat and poultry at 1/2 the price of supermarkets. My partner and i eat very well on a low budget.
My doctor once joked about my diet, "your colon is smiling and thanks you."
I prepare a lot of simple, tasty dishes like the one you posted here. Ahhhh garlic, one of nature's best antivirals.
I also began eating "bitter melon" which I learned about from a Chinese doctor I was seeing for herbs and acupunture.
There used to be an AIDsd humor zine called "diseased Pariah News" and one column was "get fat, don't die" that had recipes for keeping weight on.
For country that has the most obese people on earth, American's are some of the most malnourished.
I will be stealing.... I mean borrowing this. thank you.
O.MY.GOD that looks phenominal...hope your sis liked it :) I really wish I hadn't given up FLOUR carbs this week, but I can have the veggies over Cabbage or something.
xoxoxo
Hugs :)
This one looks especially yasty - I think I'll try it next week!
Positively Jeff
Atlanta USA
Thank you Martha Stewart. Tomorrow could ya talk about stubborn carpet stains?
That's it! I'm flying to Sydney and you are cooking for me.
on yum
leave your mark