Here we go... again!
Im in a weird place right now.
Last night I spent the night in the emergency department of the hospital. This time I was on the recieving end. Yesterday the pain I was getting in my liver area increased so I went to my local GP who suggested I stop all meds and if the pain got worse to go to the emergency and get scans done. He was concerned it was my gallbladder forming some stones or even some referred pain from pancreatitis from the elevated tryglicerides.
So that's what I did. I went in about 6pm and they put me on a drip and gave me a shot of morphine for the pain. They did some ultrasounds of my abdomen and took some bloods. The Ultrasound came back ok and the bloods showed my biliruben was elevated, meaning my liver was taking a bit of a punch.
They said that the pain was most likely being caused by the Atazanavir ( which I knew) but that my specialist advised them to tell me to keep taking it.
Does that mean I am supposed to put up with the intense pain and plod on with it? I dont think so. I knew this was going to happen with this drug. It happened last time I took it.
Im heading back up to see them on Wednesday and Im going to sort it all out. This might mean a whole new regieme of drugs which means more change.
The pain is subsiding now cause I havent taken the meds this morning. I dont want to put my liver through this anymore. It's a weird feeling, but I've been through this before. Im just wondering how much my body can take of all this.
My Dad is still in hospital. It was weird him being there last night and I didnt let him know I was there. This is all he needs a little more stress to put on him. So I was a couple of floors down while he was up a few.
Im also a little sad at the moment that my mate Jim had to delete his blog. I love this guy, but Im sure things will work out for him and he will be back posting soon.
Im still a bit morphined at the moment. Im gonna go have a lay down.









Shit! You are having a really rough time at the moment,what with your Dad&everything,I hope your luck&health change for the better very soon.U are in my thoughts also-get well soon!
Love&best wishes
Hugs and love to you babe, I'm so sorry you're dealing with it. What a considerate son to not bother his dad with his own problems...that made me cry a bit. I do hope you're able to find an alternative...
xoxo
Ruthie
leave your mark