Life a neverending complexity..
Haven't really had much time to blog lately or to check out my favourite bloggers either, so my apologies if I've been a little absent guys.
Its 12.30am here right now and I've just gotten back home from the hospital. The ambulance had to come again this evening and take my Dad in again with some chest pains. Everything seems to be ok, but just as a precautionary they took him in for some observations. I'm waiting up to see if he is coming home or not, Ill have to ring them shortly.
I've been a little busy trying to sort out my meds and tests and drs appointments. So far with the Atazanvir everything seems to be going ok. I felt a bit weird on the first day with a bit of nausea but I kept myself moving and busy and my mind was distracted. Day two everything was good and now it is coming up to day four and so far everything is good.
I have been madly researching my diet and getting that in order as well. It's been a week now and no sugar and surprisingly I feel pretty good about it. I've been getting up of a morning and making myself oats with cinnamon and banana and really liking it. I had never had porridge before and the thought of it wasn't appetising to me but I am really liking it. The first day I sat and was on webcam with Jim as he watched me eat it. Oats are supposed to be really good for you if you have high cholesterol as the fibre absorbs it and it is a good intestinal cleanser also good for the nervous system as well. I'm learning more about nutrition and what foods do what and also how to cook things so they aren't being cooked in oil and about the intake of water and fresh vegetables and fruit. It's things I knew before but now I am getting more involved with it and really enjoying this process.
My next aim is to get my exercise regime under control and working out what is good for me and what isnt in that department.
After this lifetime I should have an honourary doctors degree from everything I have learnt about my condition and my body. It really pays off to find out as much as you can about your own health and how to keep yourself healthy. It's great having the net as a reference and it is also great talking to other people who may be in the same boat to gain alot of information and different ideas.
Anyhow I hope all are well and that life is treating you with goodness. Sorry again if I haven't been able to check in but things are pretty hectic here at the moment.









Hope Dad is able to come home soon, and well the chest pains seem like a false alarm right?
I know a few people who knock Oatmeal and say it's nasty etc until they TRY It some morning. Like my ex wife, I got her totally hooked because her parents never gave it to her as a kid. You have to try my other favorites, Cream of Wheat & Farina.. amd make them with Milk not water.. YUM!
I am so happy the meds aren't kicking your butt like you said they did the last time, but I am still really worried about your skinny little butt not eating any sugar or carbs..
*HUGS*
xoxo
You have an awful lot going on right now, it's all totally understandable!!!
There is an awful lot to comment on in this post...but I will keep it to a minimum.
My thoughts are always going out to you with the hopes that everything evens out very soon...your dad, the meds, diet, etc.
I really admire your management of your health. It's something we all need to do but sadly often expect others to do. I'm as guilty of that as anyone.
And your mastery of diet and nutrition is highly admirable, as well. I have no issues with working out and what I need to do there but when it comes to diet I often fail miserably, giving in to emotional reliance on food rather than address them properly without using the food as a tool. I've never had weight as an outward sign of emotional reliance on certain food so it's really easy to keep up the habits when no one knows about it...
Uggghhh...not making a lot of sense here...really Ijust came to say hello and let you know I am thinking of you. :-)
Don't worry about not blogging frequently enough. The most important thing is to keep healthy and sane and it's good to see you're doing both. Good on you. :)
Hey mate, stick with the oats they are an excellent food and you will aquire a taste for them and soon really start to enjoy them. Best I have found is 5 Grain Porridge from http://www.macrowholefoods.com.au. Suggest you look at a more vegetarian based diet and also at eating some/more vegetables raw. There is a good range of vegetables that are great raw; carrot, cabbage, kolrabi, celeriac.
Was down your way a few weeks ago, its a very beautiful area especially for someone who lives in Darlinghurst/Kings Cross.
All the best mate, Regards Cameron.
leave your mark