Update..
Firstly a BIG THANKYOU to everyone who has sent me their well wishes for my Dad. It means a whole lot to me .. SO THANKYOU from my heart.
Just a quick update..
Dad seems to be getting better. He is off the drips and heart monitor. The blood thinning medication has caused his blood to be so thin that he spent the night with a bleeding nose and now needs to see an ear nose throat specialist to help the bleeding stop.
He has informed me of where his will is and where other important documents are incase something else happens.
Do I really want to know all of this right now? No not at all, but I guess it is important to know.
All the while I need to get mum settled and things here at home running smoothly as well.
I didnt want to wake up this morning. I just wanted to keep sleeping. Plus it is getting so cold at night.
Ok enough whinging.
Something nice happened to me yesterday. I went to the local fair for an hour to get some rest and to think about something else. So while there and looking at the sculptures my art teacher from school was there. Now I finished school in 1990. She came up to me and I gave her a big hug and after talking a little while she asked me if I had continued with my writing. Back in high school I used to write alot of poems and stuff and I used to show her, I had forgotten all about this until yesterday when she reminded me. She told me when am I going to get my act together and continue with it because it is a real gift for me. I gave her another hug.
I walked away thinking I should find the writing I did and share it.
Anyhow she put a smile on my face. A much needed smile.
Another really special thing happened. My mate came down from Sydney also yeasterday and he had baked for me a really really delicious cheesecake the night before. He is very sweet and I am starting to feel alot more for him as time goes on.
Ok I gotte get to shopping and then make some dinner here before I get back to Mum's house.









I will add my prayers for your father. I'm glad your former teacher helped to lift your spirit.
Cheesecake! How very "Golden Girls"! Glad to hear that your dad continues to improve. Stay warm.
Glad your dad is doing better! And what a nicew thing to happen to you with your old school teacher.
I'm so relieved your father seems to be doing better!!
And isn't amazing how our teachers remember us after all this time?? I think it's because we(you and I) made impressions that keep us in their memories. I love your poems, and can't wait to read what you wrote while in school.
xoxo
Ahhhh, cheesecake, it can heal anything. Teachers are weird huh? i remember a couple of years ago going to a school reunion, i was standing with my partner outside the music room where as a closeted youngster i was forever trying to look and be strait, always crapping myself i'd be found out. I had one of those zone out moments where i drifted back to being 16 again and standing there in the same spot, then my partner said somthing to me and i was snapped out of it, but it was one of those fast forward moments where i zoomed from being this scared kid to reclaiming my turf with my boyfriend beside me, how did i get 'there'?. Later on i was standing in the assembly hall downstairs, sort of slouched up against the wall daydreaming, my old music teacher whizzed past me taking me by surprise and said 'Hello Greg!' and continued hurtling past, i snapped to attention, straitening my back and said 'Good morning Mrs Roger's' .. snap, back to being 16 again :-)
Greg xoxo
I'm sending some good mental support for you and your dad. Hope he continues to improve quickly.
I am glad your dad is doing better.
Kudos to your art teacher, I think that all students need teachers like that in their lives who can bring real encouragement.
BTW. Thanks for your words of support. Much appreciated
Relieved to know things are so much better with your father.
I'm so glad your Dad is doing better honey. I hate it when life throws us these curveballs...but I guess that is life afterall.
I will pray for you and your family dear. I'm glad you got in some extra smiles from your teacher. Yes, I'm sure you're a very talented poet :)
Cheesecake..yum!
Hang in there and let us know how your Dad progresses.
leave your mark