Not a day to be joking.
It's April fools day today.
But it isnt any day to be joking around for me.
I have slept maybe an hour. Last night after updating some stuff on my computer I went to bed around midnight only to be woken at 12.40am by my sister to tell me to get over to my parents house as my dad was having a heart attack.
So in an Efavirenz haze, I think it was just kicking in, I got up got some clothes on and rushed over to her house to pick her up and then we raced over to mum and dads. The ambulance was there already and they were wheeling him into the ambulance. I dunno why but I had to rush to the toilet, maybe nerves.
He looked like a scared little man on the bed with the mask on. Really pale and his eyes dilated.
I got my mum ready and we went after them to the emergency. Which is where I have been most of the night waiting to see if he was ok. My sisters bf is an ambulance man and he was on duty last night. He told us that he was stable but it didnt look good. So we hung around waiting.
This I guess is when you notice some strange things around you. Like the amount of signs up in the waiting room telling people if they come in with a cough and sneezing to cover their mouths and to wash their hands. And the dirty diaper someone had left under one of the seats. There wasnt many people waiting, actually only just us, which I thought was rare for a Friday night in an emergency department.
We managed to get in to see him around 5 am and he had stabilised and was morphined out. I had to go to the toilet again and washing my hands I smelt the soap which reminded me of when I was in hospital a couple of years back. Strange what smell does. I guess I was a little off my face as well from the Efavirenz.
They told us then to go home and have some rest. So I took Mum back home and told her to get to sleep while me still awake sat and watched the tele, wide awake thinking about what had just happened and that it was the wrong time of the year for it to be happening. (My dad has had a few heart attacks in the past but they have all happened around my birthday and christmas time.) Then I thought about how his mother died on April 2 about 15 years back. Why do these thoughts flood in at these times?.
So at around 7am I thought I should get home and shower and change have some breakfast, my meds. So now Im back home its around 10am and I called the hospital and the nurse who sounds like a gay boy tells me that dad is ok, stabilising, still has some pain but that apparently the part of the heart he had the attack on was not a "dangerous" part to have one on, strange to say that cause I think any attack is dangerous, but I guess they know what they are talking about.
Im still really tired and zonked out, but Im gonna have to get back to mum and make sure she is ok.
Thus starts April.
At the same time Trevs mum is not feeling well and yesterday she tells me she has packed a small bag incase she needs to go to the hospital as she feels like something is coming on with her.
When it rains it pours hey?
A bit like what is happening at the moment outside. The wind is howling and it is coming over all really grey and the rain is not too far. It is the first day that I have really felt cold this year. I guess Im rambling on now but I needed to get this all out of my head and write it out.
I hope he makes it through ok.









Love, hugs and well wishes to you, your dad and your family.
xoxox
That's never easy or fun. Good luck man. I hope he pulls through. Don't forget to eat and sleep if you can.
Nothing like a family emergency on a Sustiva buzz... yikes! Get some rest.
I'm very sorry to hear about what happened but also glad to hear that he seems to be doing better. Just remember to take care of yourself as well!!!
I hope all turns out well; my thoughts are with you.
I'm so sorry to have read this.
Take good care of yourself. You are very much thought of.
Hi Susie Celophane,
Thinking of you .. those calls in the middle of the night, they are never good news and they always catch you when your sleepy, dazed and vulnerable. Sending you as much cosmic stregth as i can muster.
Greg xoxo
I've never gotten a call in the wee hours that conveyed good news...had to make a few myself unfortunately too.
Only my love to you darling and many good thoughts for a healthy recovery. Also, I do hope that Trev's mom doesn't fall ill.
Love to you,
Ruthie
Hope you're getting some rest - it's always at the worst times when a little s;eep can help you keep your wits about you - especially if you have an "emotional" family like mine.
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Hope all turns out well. My thoughts are with you.
I've had my share of those kind of calls recently-sending positive thoughts your way for everyone to get well soon :) Jeff
Babes, my thoughts are with you. Get some sleep and know that I am sending good wishes and karma in your direction. xoxo
Oh man I can't believe this...I didn't read through anything this weekend. I'm really sorry I couldn't offer my support earlier. I'm definitely thinking of you and your family, especially your dad. I'm glad to hear that he looks to be improving. My thoughts are with you...remember to take care of yourself as well.
leave your mark