In love with Jamie
One of my most cherished Christmas presents has been Jamie Oliver's Cookbooks. I have to admit I am totally in love with Jamie. His creations are so simple and the way he shows you how to do them is a real treat as well.
So this week one of the projects I set myself out to make was the Crostata di Figi or Fig Tart for you non italians.
Now this recepie was a little adventurous for me seeing I really dont like Figs. So it was more of a challenge and finding the ingredients was well.. it took a while.
But I was in for a challenge and it wasnt going to stop me!
Firstly I didnt have a tart tin. So I ventured out and finally after searching through at least 6 shops I managed to get one, and on sale too!
Luckily figs are in season. So that wasnt too much of a hassle.
This cake took me well over 5 hours to make.
I had to make the shortcrust pastry and then the filling and then the baking time, it was a long process.
Was it worth it?
Most definately!
Even though I dont like figs, I have to say this is one Hot Tart!
Thankyou Jamie!!
Ive decided that whenever I cook something really special Im gonna post it and share it with everyone. Cooking is in my blood, and a labour of love for me.
Im off to Sydney this afternoon to spend some time with a boy I have met. Tomorrow starts something special in Blogland, and Im really excited to be a part of it.. but you'll have to come back to check out what it is.









Jamie's not the only cutie in that picture.
-raf
Thanks guys for the comments.. somehow blogger hasnt potsed them all up but i got them through email :)
I could have used this recipe when our figs were in season, looks good!
I love Jamie's recipes but as an amateur cook who doesn't eat meat it sometimes challenges me. I met him at Food Network thing once and he was just absolutely adorable and did nothing to erradicate my crush on him!
(Oh and love the garden pics from Sunday's post as well!)
(And I just started studying Italian so I am also able to practice my dates when reading your blog...thanks!! ;-)
my gosh, you are so hot...
You live in Sydney?? ^_-
leave your mark