<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13533600?origin\x3dhttp://biohazardousexistence.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Biohazardous Existence

no longer...

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Changes coming..


I've been doing alot of thinking recently, especially about my blog.

There is some changes I am going to be making soon and one of them is the title. When I first started this blog I wanted to document as a form of therapy for me the highs and lows of being poz. Something inside me has changed though and even though being poz is a part of who I am, it is not the sum total obviously and there is much more to what I do and to who I am as a Being that I want to share.

My existence is no longer a Biohazardous one.

So a bit of soul searching is happening at the moment and I am going to change the look and feel of my blog to reflect more of me. I thought of giving it all up because it no longer reflects me but I really enjoy writing down my thoughts, sharing what happens in my life and even looking back to see where I have been. So Im not going away anytime soon.

If you notice things changing you'll know why and any imput or ideas would be hugely appreciated.

  1. Anonymous Anonymous | 4:13 AM |  

    Eventually, being POZ becomes secondary to who we are. The fact of the matter is, what we are usually comes second to who we are. Many of us have walked this journey and your realization of this fact is important.

    The stages of acceptance can take a long time. You are following in our footsteps. Writing is important - but I can tell you 13 years later, living with hiv, there are more important things to consider the longer you life. Goals change with the fact that you/we still live, thoughts change, (well I'm not dead yet, so what do I do now?), perspective changes as well...

    And isn't life all about perspective, Your "perspective" remember that YOU are right where you should be, on the path, at any given moment of any given day!

    We are here if you need us. Keep writing. Getting the thoughts out of your head to print or the blog, will help you see where you are emotionally and mentally.

    Cheers
    Jeremy

  2. Blogger The Persian | 10:41 AM |  

    Great comment Caneragon!!!

    I can't wait to see the changes Cesco.

    *hugs*

  3. Blogger Michael The Shadow | 3:46 PM |  

    You know, I never even thought about the POZ aspect of things when I started reading here. I was caught up in who was doing the writing.

    I'm glad that you're going to continue writing. Yeah, for me it's selfish. It's because I found someone I truly like "hearing" from. So, I can't wait to see what new and groovin things will be coming next!

  4. Blogger Shelley Legs Diamond | 4:34 PM |  

    Well said Jeremy (CanEragon)..

    There are always milestones in the journey of life, where you start in a new direction, and this for you, is one of them..

    Perfect timing for that spring clean!

    Looking forward to watching your progress..

    Luv Shelley

  5. Blogger epicurist | 5:35 AM |  

    Hi beautiful! I think that is amazing that you are embarking on a new path. Being poz is so difficult and there are days when the silver lining, is no more than a grey blur. I wish you all the best with these new changes, and in perfect timing with spring!

  6. Anonymous Anonymous | 3:58 PM |  

    Being poz. My past lover was poz for 2 years and died accidentally 6 months ago. In 2 years his CD4 averaged 170 and his VL went from 60,000-300,000.
    He never wanted to start meds and over 2 years after being infected you could see how it wore him down both physically and mentally.
    I ask myself if he would have started meds I think he would be alive today. Sad part was that his parents never knew. The bitchy sister hid the autopsy from the parents and hid all his bloodwork and till this day never has told the parents that he was poz or that his "special friend" where he used to live infected him on purpose.
    As a neg man I would say to people if your numbers are below 350 get on meds. My baby didn't and this was a big reason why his system was so weak for the 6 months prior to his passing.

leave your mark