<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13533600?origin\x3dhttp://biohazardousexistence.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Biohazardous Existence

no longer...

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Fireballs in the Sky!!



Tonight me and a mate went out for sushi which is fast becoming my staple diet.

Sushi when fresh is an amazing energy booster. Sitting at the Sushi train, watching Pimp my Ride, listening to some groovy music and meeting some interesting people all sitting around having a meal together is an awesome experience. When the waiters all get to know you as well your sure of some amazing treats.

Anyhow, on the way home I thought I would drive the long way, going along the coast road home. I had a feeling I would see something and there is Mars really bright in the sky at the moment and also Jupiter which is due for an occulation with the Moon I think soon too. So there is some interesting things in the sky at the moment.. when all of a sudden in the northern sky a huge flash of light and a huge fireball streaked through the sky broke up and flashed again, I hadnt seen anything so spectacular as a natural event as this.

Little to say I was really excited.

Apparently this is a world wide phenomenon at the moment due to the Taurids Meteorites so guys check out the night sky you might be in for a show. In the States they have been described as the Halloween Fireballs due to the amount of them seen over Halloween.

It would be great to have had a pic of this one. The movie of one in the link here is from Space Weather. It's about like what I saw but the one I saw was longer. Like the pic that I've posted which is of a fireball in Spain.

  1. Blogger OLY | 10:00 AM |  

    Hey angreeblkcub!! Now I feel real special that you have dropped by! Thanks mate :)

  2. Blogger Chandira | 11:40 AM |  

    Freaky. Awesome!

    I live in Seattle, and we supposedly get wikcked Auroras, but I've never seen it..

  3. Blogger OLY | 12:00 PM |  

    Hey Chandira.. thanks for droppin by!

    Id love to see the Aurora! That would be amazing!

  4. Blogger jellygnite | 10:30 PM |  

    Hey Phoenixboi, if you like looking at the stars you should grab some friends and check out the Magellon Observatory in Goulburn. http://home.goulburn.net.au/~magellan/
    I went there with my boyf and a couple of friends. you stay in this old comfy farmhouse/shed and the guy that runs the place (Zane I think) comes and takes you to his humungous telescope in the middle of the night and shows you a tour of the galaxy. It is awesome!

  5. Blogger OLY | 10:44 PM |  

    Hey Jellygnite...that sounds awesome!! Thanks mate!! wanna come??

  6. Blogger jellygnite | 11:20 PM |  

    yep, count me in!

leave your mark