<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13533600?origin\x3dhttp://biohazardousexistence.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Biohazardous Existence

no longer...

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Reality bites?

All seems to be a bit not right in the world at the moment.

Loads of people being killed, either by other people or by nature herself. This year seems pretty intense with tsunamis, hurricanes, flood, droughts, wars, earthquakes... on and on.. I know they happen all the time in history, maybe due to the news and the net we can see it more, but it seems that this year is particularly intense.

Today in the mail we got a letter from our local council telling us that our house is now considered to be in flood prone area with the likelyhood of flash flooding to be high and we should take precautions and prepare for such an event - considering the nature of what has been happening in other parts of the world at this time.

They give us a list of things we should do like pack an emergency kit, have supplies on hand and check around our property for things which could harm or cause further flooding to the house or neighbours in the event of flash flooding. We even got a little fride magnet which has the list of dos and donts incase of a freak flash flood, like your going to run to your fridge when such a thing is going to happen.

I've seen this happen before in our area, Ive had to go out in it and help people out of their homes, the last time was in 1998 thats 7 yrs ago. They expect things to be alot worse than then.

With all the advances in technology, the leaps we have come as humans on a global scale we are always and will always be at the whim of nature. We are vulnerable creatures. Things change and will always change. We are not invincible, even though we like to think we are.

On another note...

Am feeling really tired today more than usual. So am just gonna hang and rest. The weather is beautiful, summer is coming and the heat is turned on. My sister is all excited that I mentioned her on here yesterday so I threatened to post a pic up here of her. So here it is... isnt she beautiful? Notice the blonde hair and blue eyes. I didnt get those genes.

Not only is she my sis but she is my best mate too. Without her I wouldnt be here where I am now. We never had the best times growing up but I guess that made us stronger people for it, attributes that tend to scare alot of people that are around us, but we have a presence which I think others admire.

Yesterday we spent a few hours on the beach looking for shells and rocks..her new favourite past time. I guess it is kind of therapy for her and it was nice to see her eyes light up when I presented her with some different kinds of shells. Anyhow... I admire her for her strength and courage in times of pain, her convictions and her beauty which believe me shines from the inside.

She'll freak when she sees this picture on here.. but Im proud to call her my sis and want the world to see her too.

  1. Blogger Trey | 8:38 PM |  

    You are both utterly fabulous-- What a dynamic duo!
    Here's some good strong safety and security wishes/vibes for you and your neighbors. Mom's been a bit bitchy this year--seems she doesn't like it when we make her hot. We've bumped up the whole schedule of change with pollution etc, and still the powers that be greedy are in denial. They'd rather blame a wrathful homophobic deity, rather than accept the fact that you can only fuck the planet so much before she fucks back.

  2. Blogger OLY | 2:34 PM |  

    Hey Taarzaan!!
    Thanks my sis is beautiful.

    You know I think ole mum is going to start forcefully slapping us into submission, I would be as well if I had crazy bacteria fucking up my body.

    Thanks for your continual support man. :)

  3. Blogger coolbuddha | 6:15 AM |  

    Your a lucky guy to have a sis like her. And stunning eyes. Hope she did not freak too much when she saw the pic!

leave your mark