<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/13533600?origin\x3dhttp://biohazardousexistence.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Biohazardous Existence

no longer...

« Home | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next » | Next »

Butted out.


Ok its been a week now and no ciggs.. Im feeling pretty good.. but still at the delicate stage so I need to write out this stuff so it reminds me for when Im feelin a little vulnerable.

Here is some useful information I found about the benefits of quitting tobacco..

At 20 minutes after quitting:
blood pressure decreases
pulse rate drops
body temperature of hands and feet increases.
At 8 hours:
carbon monoxide level in blood drops to normal
oxygen level in blood increases to normal
At 24 hours:
chance of a heart attack decreases
At 48 hours:
nerve endings start regrowing
ability to smell and taste improve


Ok this is where I am at now....

At 2 weeks to 3 months:
circulation improves
walking becomes easier
lung function increases
From 1 to 9 months:
Starting as early as a month after you quit smoking, and continuing for the next several months, you may notice significant improvements in these areas:
coughing
sinus congestion
fatigue
shortness of breath
At 1 Year smoke free:
excess risk of coronary heart disease is decreased to half that of a smoker

I've noticed that my energy has increased and Im thinking clearer. I can also smell more and notice that when I am around people that smoke I feel heavy.

One thing that really is encouraging me to not smoke is the smell of other people who do. It reminds me of a public toilet. Now for some gay men that might seem appealing due to some guys hanging out at beats for sex..go figure sex in the toilet.. but for me there is nothing worse than the smell of a public toilet. So when I smell someone who smokes the image comes up in my mind.. eww.. they stink like the loo..(note to self..good image stick with it and you wont smoke again).

Hmm and a few other things from the gross out pages...This is what cigarettes have in them.. Warning it is a little condescending for people who do smoke but gives a good visual for me


Acetone: otherwise known as paint stripper

Formaldehyde: a.k.a. embalming fluid - you know, the stuff they use to preserve dead frogs in bottles?

Lead: ever hear of lead poisoning? It gives you brain damage.

Benzene: the same stuff they use to make pesticides and gasoline - you wouldn't eat pesticide would you?

Nicotene: what more can we say? It's addictive as hell

DDT: a.k.a. insecticide

Cadmium: better known as battery acid - a little of this stuff stays in your body for years.

Carbon Monoxide: wrap your lips around the exhaust pipe of a car - same gas, just as stupid

Benzopyrene: one of the most powerful cancer-causing substances on the planet ... and it's right there in every cigarette.

Ammonia: very same stuff we use to clean our toilet. How did it get in cigarettes? The Tobacco Industry put it there, of course -- because it makes nicotine more addictive.

Hydrogen Cyanide: the same poison used in gas chambers... seriously.

Arsenic: poison, poison, poison

Methoprene: kills bugs... go lick a flea collar... same thing.

Ok.. im doin good.

  1. Blogger Spunky Monkey | 5:24 PM |  

    Well done phoenixboi!!! Keep up the good work.

  2. Blogger Trey | 2:46 AM |  

    Right on, Phoenixboi! Carry on with the good work.

  3. Blogger Storm | 9:26 AM |  

    I quit about three months ago or so. I can't say it was a hard choice to make... it was just the right time.

    For the first month and a half, I'd get the urge to have a cigarette every once in a while... Once, that urge got bad enough for me to give in to it... Fortunately, my neighbor smokes, so it wasn't a matter of buying a whole new pack or suffering (I would probably have bought a pack and resumed smoking). I am happy to report that the taste was so disgusting that I can't figure out why I started in the first place. So there's another for you list... Your mouth tastes like an ashtray after smoking, and sometimes you don't even notice it.

    Anyway, good luck and congrats!

  4. Blogger OLY | 8:14 PM |  

    Spunky, Taarzaan..thanks!

    Storm..yeah that's what it is ..the right time. Thanks for droppong by!

  5. Anonymous Anonymous | 1:40 AM |  

    Please tell me why why why do they put all of this poisonous stuff into cigarettes?????

leave your mark