In Perspective

In a recent news article , scientists have released an image of what our Galaxy might look like if you were looking at it from a far off distance.
In the picture you can see an arrow pointing to where our solar system is said to be located in the great milky way.
When you look at it things seem kinda insignificant. When you look at it everything that is happening on our little rock in this vast milky way amoung the vast universe seems rather insignificant.
Although if you really look at it, our lives, each and every one of us is part of what is making this vast universe what it is today. We all have our dramas and preoccupations, and all at sometime get lost in it all. When I see pictures like this it really helps to put everything back into perspective.
Does it really all matter? Is the busyness that we call our lives all worth the effort? What are we really? Is there something more?
These are the questions that come to mind. Then I remember a meditation where I expand myself out to the edges of the Universe encompassing all that is and all that isnt within my consciousness. I remind myself that I am not just this walking flesh, but a part of all that is and all that isn't, and things seem real again.
Everything is put into perspective, and life again has meaning.









What do you mean by does it matter? It's a relative term. Unless you want to claim deference to a God, then there is no objective sense from which anything matters.
If it matters to you, it matters. If it doesn't matter to you, then it doesn't. If I die tomorrow, it will matter to some people. To others, it will have no bearing. To me, it matters. And the things I care about matter to me. I can't justify that they should matter to anyone else, because they can always answer "why does that matter?".
I also like your meditation you quote though too.
Thats really interesting, dude.
leave your mark